Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Visit To Dilog

Dilog is one of the five approved maintenance training organisation approved in Malaysia. It is a relatively new company, established in collaboration with MAS, Malaysia Airlines to venture into the training of airforce personnel in Alor Star.

Dilog had the profitable business of airforce training for about 8 years, when he lost it to MATA, another company owned by ex-airforce personnel. Dilog had diversified its business to become the contractor of MAS and trained the corporate clients of MAS. At one time, it was going the training for the basic courses for MAS.

The company is located at Subang Airport, now renamed as Skypark. It is using the whole building of old MAS Electrical and Avionics workshop. It is on the airside at hanger one, so the access is controlled by the airport authority.

I had made the appointment to see my friend at Dilog. The process of getting the pass can be lengthy. I had to go to the MAB (malaysian airport authority) security office at the skypark terminal to pick up the door pass. But I need a letter from Dilog. So at 0930 I reach at the security, but unfortunately the letter from Dilog was nor given to them.

At last, I got my pass and I decided to walk to the office. I left my car the airport parking, which later cost me rm7/= . We talk about Aviation School, and his vision of running the school. He was on his high mode, talking about his high expectation on his staff. I casually as him to elaborate on what he mean by high expectation, and I know for, the answer may not be as easy as saying it. The reason is simple, the term high expectation is a emotional description, the answer to what it really mean is from the cognitive domain, and need to be given in process description.

Dilog is proud to be the first school in Malaysia to obtain the full EASA approval, Categories A1, B1 and B2. It also have the approval to conduct Assessment exam.

About the assessors, my friend mentioned that every students has to do 80 orals. So I asked, what was the oral about, is it focused on practical or knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment